HealthBank ensures the following privacy and safety safeguards when it comes to patient data:
- HealthBank meets the Australian Privacy Principles under The Privacy Act 1988.
- HealthBank follows all regulations as set by Australia's peak digital health body, the Australian Digital Health Agency.
- HealthBank uses the gold standard HTTPS with a valid SSL certificate to encrypt all data in transit to and from its web servers.
- Secure private connection - end-to-end encryption for security/privacy. All personal/medical information, files or notes of patients is stored on the patient file that gets stored securely and encrypted on Australian servers only and does not bounce off offshore servers (HealthBank does not share this information with any third-parties).
- HealthBank does not track clicks / interactions around site. Session storage is limited to last signed in time and last signed in IP address for security purposes.
- Practitioner profile pages are only publicly viewable if enabled by the practitioner. This includes their name, picture, profession, professional bio, areas of special interest and approximate location if offering face-to-face clinic services.